This is the response to a blogging prompt posed by Swift Expression: http://www.tfaswift.wordpress.com.
This is supposed to be a thinking prompt, and it’s supposed to make you think about who you are, not what you are. So naturally, there are a couple rules.
Answer the following question: Who are you?
This is the catch, you can’t say:
Your occupation (including students), or anything else that you spend your time doing
Your relationship to others (e.g. I am the daughter of so and so, or I am the friend of so and so)
Anything that you own or possess
So let’s get this started!
- I am a twenty something woman living in the US who has big brown eyes and an infectious laugh
- I weigh anywhere between 140-155 lbs, and my weight changes frequently because I love food and I’ll eat a lot if the food is really good.
- My favorite color is purple and my favorite flowers are pink roses. I don’t like red roses that much… I’ve gotten them once for Valentines Day and that ended badly, so I don’t plan on getting them again
- I’m don’t like taking risks, but lately I’m finding it really rewarding to try things outside my comfort zone
- I am a lover of all animals. I refuse to kill another living creature unless it’s dangerous to me. This includes spiders and roaches and other things that people are afraid of. I relocate them instead.
- I’m wary of people who are not kind to animals. To me, it shows their level of compassion and their level of respect for nature.
- I think I might be a pacifist. In regards to violence, I believe in self defense only.
- I think that killing is murder, in peacetime or wartime. A life is a life.
- I believe every life is worth the exact same. No one is more important than anyone else.
- I love children because they look at life as it really should be… before all the negativity and horror changes them into an adult.
- I believe in depth of character over anything else.
- I see everything in the world as black or white. Wrong is wrong and right is right. Gray is just an imaginary concept we create to serve our own interests.
- I believe in and always will fight for equal rights for every single person. I refuse to accept a world where some are treated differently than others.
- I’m obsessed with making everything in my life fair. The world can be a horrible, ugly place and life is never fair, so I want those around me to know that I will always try my best to make everything fair and just.
- Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the most influential people in my life.
- I have a high tolerance for stupidity, but a low tolerance for arrogance.
- The easiest way to enrage me is to even insinuate I’m immature. It is… my “crazy switch” so to speak.
- I believe that a small act of kindness is worth more than a grand gesture of generosity. I try to live according to Matthew 6:3.
- I’ve always thought about taking a vocation to the religious life if I decide I don’t want to have a husband and a family. I find nothing more beautiful than a life lived in service to others.
- I have a point of no return, and you know when you’ve reached it.
- Economics gives me a headache.
- I cannot understand people that think being condescending is going to get them anywhere in life.
- I believe in working hard for everything you have, but I don’t believe it makes anyone exempt from sharing with others.
- My favorite song is “Kryptonite” by Three Doors Down, but my favorite band is The Script.
- I believe in reincarnation, past lives, lessons we are sent to learn over and over again if need be, second chances, mercy, and love. I follow the New Testament teachings of Jesus because I believe they are the closest to what I feel in my heart.
- I want everyone to feel welcome and at peace when they are around me. I try really hard not to judge people until I know their true character, but I still make mistakes sometimes.
- I will not keep company with people that know they are miserable and talk about changing themselves all the time, but don’t care enough to actually do it. That is something I’ve recently learned.
- One of my biggest weaknesses is also one of my biggest strengths: I will not accept anything less than what I give. In anything. That eliminates a lot of people from my life, but I’m perfectly fine with that.
- I believe that life is one of the greatest adventures… and I’ll be damned if I’m going to miss out on anything!
- I’m extremely open and honest about my life, and I believe that everyone else should be too, because it’s liberating to be one’s true self.
- I used to bottle up everything I felt, but that put me into counseling. But when I was in counseling, I didn’t cry once! It was such an amazing experience and I think everyone should do it.
- I love people that are blunt and expressive. To have a unique personality is one of the greatest things in life.
- I love renaissance art, but I absolutely hate modern art.
- I also hate peas, but I still eat them when my Mom makes them. One of those little things we are forced to do to keep us humble.
- I find Scientology to be a load of crap. Sorry if this offends you, but I won’t lie. I think it’s stupid.
- I am terrified of being in debt.
- I suffer from trichotillomania, and it pisses me off. A lot.
- I wish people were nicer in general. I wish they all found themselves, cut the shit, shut up, and settled down. I think if the world had a bunch of self-secure, confident, and compassionate people it would be a better place.
- I see excuses, not reasons. I get that from my Mom.
- I’m not easy to impress. I get that from Daddy.
- I love spring and fall! Perfect weather to either stay inside or go outside.
- I’m obsessively clean and despise excessive slobbery. I also like doing laundry, but I hate cleaning the toilet.
- I love water fountains of any type. The sound of water instantly soothes me.
- History and astronomy will always fascinate me… when I was little I wanted to be an Archaeologist because I read way too many National Geographic magazines.
- The best thing about Star Wars is the music.
- The best Star Trek is either The Next Generation or Voyager. I hate Deep Space Nine. Ugh!
- I hate Fox News, but my favorite channel is BBC America.
- My favorite movies are The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, anything by Hayao Miyazaki, and Pride and Prejudice (with Keira Knightly).
- I’m not afraid of death, but I am afraid of leaving the things I was meant to do undone.
- I’ve been told that I come across as an airhead because of my easy laughter and my agreeable nature. I think that assumption is very far from the truth.
- In the future, all I want is to be happy, to contribute to the world, and to have enough. Anything else is unnecessary.
- I’ve been called a hippie before. I didn’t take much offense to it.
- I’m a sour cream addict.
- I’m not very coordinated. A volleyball match in my youth ended with a girl on the opposing team sharing her blood with the court. A volleyball to the face ala Katie.
- I don’t like the James Bond movies, but I still haven’t seen Skyfall… so there is hope.
- I used to be able to read and write Latin, but I forgot.
- If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say it at all. I practice this.
- I can’t curl my hair. It’s very sad 😦
- My favorite TV shows are Once Upon a Time, Doctor Who, Torchwood, and Downton Abbey.
- I never thought of myself as a writer… until I started this blog.
I’d love for everyone to do this challenge (if time permits you of course!). It’s a bit tricky not being able to say the things that normally you would say first! But it makes you seriously think, and I love to think about stuff. Wait, am I allowed to say that even if it’s technically outside of the challenge?