I finally have them! Took me long enough, but I’m finally getting myself together.
1. I have an interview tomorrow that I am going to knock out of the park because I’m amazing and exactly what the doctor is looking for.
2. There has been a steady stream of Swahili flowing out of my study for a few days now. I’m addicted to Christopher Tin’s “Calling All Dawns” and I think I’ll be able to sing the title song from memory in a couple more days.
3. I’m on book 3 of the Game of Thrones series and I haven’t been able to put my nook down. It’s actually quite annoying when I wake up in the middle of the night and want to read but know I have adult obligations that begin promptly in the morning.
4. I’m making time for my family. Yesterday, Dad and I went to a seminar given by The National Weather Service. I’m now a trained spotter for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. It’s a cool title that says I know what a mesocyclone is and I know what to report if a weather calamity befalls my designated county area. Mom and I are going to see Wicked next month when it comes to our local performing arts center. It should be great fun. My poor sister is tired of hearing of my many exploits, but I’m sure my regular phone calls brighten up her day. And I’m currently in full makeup and a dress because I just got back from my brother’s belly dance performance. He put a sword on his head and danced around with it while I muffled my scream. Fun times were had.
5. I’ve stopped being a bitch to people, but I still don’t want to engage them either.
6. Once I get a job, I’m going to choose 3 hobbies from a list and space them out accordingly so I keep myself busy.
7. I don’t love Luis anymore. I mean, I’m sure a part of me always will, but I feel like he really blew it and he’s going to regret leaving me one day. But that day is not today, nor tomorrow, and it will never be my problem in the future unless he finds a time machine to erase all of his bad choices. I’m better off alone or with a man who will treat me with the respect and love I deserve. But most of all, I will never be jilted again. I am not going to plan out a wedding, get the bands, pick out my wedding dress, and do all of that just to cancel my wedding. NEVER AGAIN. My next engagement will be my last, or so help me God I’ll take a vocation to the religious life.
8. I feel okay with taking risks again. That’s huge… I mean we are so delicate really. Rejection is a horrible thing to deal with and so is regret. But I’m going to try to do the right thing and hopefully it will work out. If it doesn’t, I’ll at least have a clear conscience.
9. Singles Awareness Day is upon me! I have a bottle of wine and a case of Bittersweets from Despair.com for this occasion. It’s going to be my first Valentines day alone since I was 16 and I’m kind of looking forward to it. I don’t see being single as a failure anymore, if anything it’s a blessing.
10. I’m taking care of myself again. I’ve gone shopping for the first time in a year, I’ve gone through my closet and organized my shoes, and I’ve avoided a reaction to a medication for quite a few months now. I’ve lost 15 pounds in the last few months, I’m trying to eat my vegetables (not going to well, but eh…), and I’m feeling a lot better. I sleep well now and I go to sleep whenever I want because I don’t have to wait for my man to get home. I filed and polished my nails today and then I went and got a completely different hairstyle. Not to mention the teeth whitening and all that other fun stuff I did, and if I am restless when I come home from work, I go on a walk instead of eating a piece of candy.
11. I’m smiling and laughing again.
12. I’ve stopped singing “All By Myself” and “If You Ever Come Back”… Matchbox 20, the Goo Goo Dolls, and Lily Allen are now among my most sung. Here, have a song:
13. People have been searching for pics of weeping angels all freaking week. What the hell guys, the season ended last month! Get with it already! I get excited when I have views and they just want my awesome pics of weeping angels. Ugh.
14. I’m also looking for a decent man. More on that later… I have things to do first.